Muhammad Usman

GSoC Coding Period Update 2

I started working on the second issue. The Recommendation API translation endpoint used to fail intermittently. After investigating the issue, the point where the bug was being caused was found. The internal request being made to the MediaWiki API was returning a server error due to issues with the API (Russian MediaWiki API in our case). It was requesting 500 items at once. To overcome the issue I split the request being into batches of 50 at a time. Each response is then checked if it has an internal server error and then that response is not considered.

After doing this I ran into errors with Wikidata Query Service. It was taking a lot of time to respond to the query when 500 items were passed at once. Here also the query was split into 50 items at a time.